Estate Attorney Melbourne FL
A Melbourne FL estate attorney, also known as a probate lawyer, is a professional lawyer who specializes in estates and probates pertaining to a deceased individual. There are numerous people who may be interested in the services of an estate attorney in Melbourne FL, however, most commonly these will be either people wishing to set up a will and naming a beneficiary to their estate, or the beneficiary’s themselves. There are numerous occasions on which you’re likely to consult an estate attorney in Melbourne FL and below are a list of some of the tasks they can do for you.
- Life Insurance. Many people today have life insurance whereby their beneficiaries will receive a payment in the event of the death of the life insurance holder. An important responsibility of an estate attorney in Melbourne FL is to collect and ensure you receive the life insurance payment you are entitled to.
- Taxes. Estate and probate law is complex and filled with numerous tax rules and regulations. One of the primary benefits of hiring an estate lawyer in Melbourne FL is their ability to advise you on issues pertaining to taxes that you’ll likely have to pay on the estate which you receive.
- Disputes. Often when a family member dies there are numerous disputes among the beneficiaries over who is entitled to what. If the deceased family member made a well-documented will, the disputes are usually easily settled. However, in the event that some property is not included in the will, an estate lawyer in Melbourne FL will be able to handle any issues that arise.
- Assets. There are often numerous assets that a beneficiary will be entitled to upon the death of the estate holder. An important function of an estate attorney in Melbourne FL is to secure any assets whether they are probate or non-probate assets.
- Liabilities. Often a decedent will have some outstanding liabilities whether it is in the form of a mortgage, credit card debt, or some other payment to be made. An estate attorney in Melbourne FL will be able advise on any payments that are required to be made
As can be seen, there are a number of responsibilities an estate lawyer in Melbourne FL will be able to handle for a beneficiary. Deaths are often a stressful time; fortunately a good estate attorney in Melbourne FL will be able to handle the details so you won’t have to worry.
If you or someone you care about is in need of Estate and Probate services, you owe it to them and yourself to hire the best legal team with the expertise and experience to protect you and achieve the best results possible for your case. Services we provide; Living Trust, Wills, Estate Tax, Estate Planning, Life Estate, How to make a Will, Proudly serving: Titusville, Cocoa, Port St. John, Rockledge, Suntree, Viera, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, Patrick Shores, Indian Harbour Beach, Indialantic, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne, Palm Bay